Sheffield Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and an E-Verified company. We look for talented, creative, and motivated individuals who take pride in their work, and who enjoy a unique and challenging environment. Sheffield truly understands and values the importance that each team member brings to the success of our clients and our company.
Interested and qualified candidates should send cover letters and resumes to: Careers@sheffieldaerospace.com
One of our associates will be in touch as new positions arise.
Job description: Produce specifications for, design, develop, manufacture, and install new or modified mechanical components or systems on aircraft. Needs to be technically minded, able to demonstrate and use engineering concepts, analyses and have problem-solving skills.
- Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops mechanical and electromechanical products; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from aircraft technicians.
- Develops manufacturing processes by working closely with manufacturing vendors are required.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods as required; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation of parts.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains documentation including databases, paperwork, compliance records and more
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations and meeting/ exceeding company ethics and grooming standards.
- Maintains system and product data base by entering data.
- Completes projects and helps in guiding aircraft and Engineering technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
Requirements: Analysis & Design Skills, Presenting Technical Information, Conceptual Skills, Quality Focus, General Consulting Skills, Control Engineering, Production Planning, Technical Zeal, Job Knowledge, safety and compliance focused, software proficient in: MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Autocad, Solidworks or similar CAD programs. Programming skills and web experience a plus
Job Type: Full-time